Poem: A Vision of Paradise Waterfall

A quick word about this poem. I started writing this poem in July. My school had organised a 'Literacy Festival week' to promote creativity, poetry, formal and creative writing. It was for the students obviously but teachers were encouraged to take part. I told part in one of the challenges (see image below) and ended the day with just the first verse you see (minus the bit about 'this is a message for you'), the second verse and the final verse. I promised to finish it in the same week but obviously it didn't materialise. 
As I was randomly scrolling through my uncompleted posts, I clicked on this post. I read what I had written already and the rest of the words came to me just like that. So here it is, on the 20th of August finally completed.

Enjoy!

***
Ombre Hues
High places
Normality
Take it all in
Blue is for your royalty
This is a message for you


Nothing
I wake up from the nothingness of a dream
To see the pale colours of white, grey and dull around me
My vision is blurred but
My day is set 
I'm in need of a hand of strength to lift me out of my bed, my place of domicile, my place of habitat


I rub my itchy eyes 
My sight becomes more blurry
I lay my hands to rest waiting for my vision to be restored
But all of a sudden stars appear before my eyes
Golden lights and silver sparkly stars fade in and out in my frame of vision
The fading gets faster and more intense until my eyes see white
The cloudy white fades out slowly to reveal the colours of the rainbow
A spectrum of blushing colours paint the scene of a waterfall
An unusual vision 
The sky is not blue, grey or transparent
It's dripping with colour, 
Yellow in particular, brown if you look closer
Blue and pink when you squint your eyes and look deeper
The water ripples a reflection of what's in the sky


Ombre Hues
High places
Normality
Take it all in
Blue is for your royalty
This is a message just for you


Thank you for reminding me that I am royal
My night dress is now changed from a dull white 
to the vivid colours I see in front of me
I smile and breathe
Then the vision ceases

I had a vision and I saw colour
It emerged from a blurry vision of white
And painted a colourful scene of a waterfall
With a peculiar message, just for me
I am royal

***

Can you guess which image I chose to write about? 👀 



Post your answer in the Comments please.


Till next time,

Happy Living
Claudy xoxo

Comments

  1. Very interesting and creative piece. Well done gurl! 😍
    I think it’s Frank Bowling- remember thine eyes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1