Being Extraordinary

As promised, here it goes...my eureka moment finally comes into manifestation. In my last post, I was trying to explain the roots of the name for the blog 'Intraordinary', which is basically made up of the words 'introvert/introversion' and 'extraordinary'. It was purposely coined as the name for this blog to represent the amazing ways of an introvert. If you are an introvert, you would understand what I refer to (hopefully). From my conversations in the past few days, I have come to understand that there might be certain aspects of introversion that 'stand-out' the most. 

It's the shyness or quietness part that was attributed to introversion. I really don't want to start going into detail about the subject as I have noticed I am already ...    straying ....                  off ...                           course ...


I will try to put together something soon, but for now back to "Being Extraordinary".


For this moment, I put aside Introverts to speak directly to people who are experiencing or have experienced insecurities or negative self-image. At the core, you harbour negative thoughts about yourself and your capabilities. If it's yourself, your thoughts might be 'I don't feel comfortable", "I don't fit in", "Who exactly am I", "Why do I not fit in" and the like. In a social context, you might look down on yourself and say, "I am not as good as him/her",  "people won't like what I do", "What am I doing here in the first place", "I feel invisible". These are two different scenarios, but the reasons are pretty much the same. The mind has been conditioned to your opinion that you are unusual and thus what you do or who you are, is unusual. The purpose of this blog is to work us out of our insecurities to a place of confidence, where we accept our uniqueness as individuals (because no two human beings are the same), dream big dreams, chase after them and live our lives in total freedom, free to be who we truly are. 



Our perception of being strange, weird or awkward makes us aspire to just be "normal" - like everyone else. But there is a flaw in this ...


Back to our definitions:Ordinary is defined as 1. with no special or distinctive features; normal.                                     2. not interesting or exceptional; commonplace

The more we try to be normal like everyone else, we are trying to (with no special/distinctive features) or (not interesting or exceptional).

So Today,our view to be like everyone must change, Be YOU. The best adjective to describe you in your current situation (good or bad) is this ... "Extraordinary!"

A definition1. very ^unusual or *remarkable.


If you are accustomed to negative thoughts about yourself, my guess is you have been using the word on the left for too long; very unusual with the negative connotation ...

Switch to describing yourself with the word on the right side - "I am very *remarkable!" (Psst: See Things to do, below)

Do some positive thinking. If you are worried it might ruin your reputation ... don't worry no one will hear you :)

After a while, begin to think it louder, then a bit more louder, till you can hear yourself say it audibly. 

Before I end, I would like to add that Ordinary and Extraordinary are opposites. We are Extraordinary but try to jump to the other side. All we needed was a mirror to look into, to discover our uniqueness 



Hope I opened some new chapters and closed some old wounds. I Believe So!


Till next time, try using these words to describe yourself (P.S: Just in case, you need more adjectives in addition to Remarkable)


synonyms: remarkable, exceptional, amazing, astonishing, astounding, marvellous, wonderful, sensational, stunning, incredible, unbelievable, miraculous,
phenomenal, prodigious, spectacular




Things to do

  • Spend some daily time in front of a mirror and do the "I am very Remarkable!" chant
  • Add the synonyms above to your favourite doodle words






Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Dear Singleton...Part 1