My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond


My birthday is coming up soon. And for me I often see birthdays as an opportunity to reflect, review and set some new goals. Basically birthdays are like my version of New Year's resolutions. 

Very soon (next year) I will be turning the big 30, And I still have a lot of things I want to accomplish, to tighten up and to break down ... especially insecurities.

As you read my list, you'll notice that these are mostly mental habits or personal behaviours as opposed to physical habits. I was going to make a list of 30 things but I realised that would take too much time to read and would even take too much time to write in the first place.

Here are a list of 10 things I would like to apply in my life on a daily basis (or as frequently as possible) by age 30 and beyond.

1. Read. I am a very slow reader. I mean 🐌 kind of slow. This makes me not enjoy reading so much. In fact, I think I can only usually manage reading for 20 minutes, afterwards I lose interest and switch on YouTube. So this time, I would like to intentionally apply myself to reading a book (not news articles) for an hour over the course of 2 days and over 2 hours during school holidays. So help me God 🤗

2. Really practice self-affirmation. I wrote about that in this blog so you can check it out.

3. Tell God everything. Basically, I want to maintain an open conversation with God so I will talk to Him as many times a day as if He is literally standing next to me all the time.

4. Try something new. That's pretty self explanatory. I don't want to limit myself in what I know so I'll try something new to see the result.

5. Apply myself in a community and stick with it...review next year. I confess that I like the freedom of making my own decisions, being in my own space sometimes. Sometimes I join groups but I'm not always present. I would like to be in a community that I motivates me enough to be present and participate at all times. God, please help me out with this one, amen 🙏

6. Check on people more often. Don't worry about feeling like the chaser.

In the past, I felt as though I was always the one trying to arrange meet ups with friends and colleagues. One day I decided to stop because I felt like if the relationship was that important, then they will also suggest meeting up.  Well...It's been an eye-opener.

7. Keep playing my guitar. Learn new songs and share some sessions on social media.

8. Date myself more, while being open to a romantic relationship.

9. Get rid of comparison. Appreciate what I have and not get upset about what I think I lack. Stop counting likes on social media


That's it! I could come up with more but when you are fighting the battle of the mind, you need thicker armour, tact and consistency than plenty of weapons. Happy birthday to me in advance -

Wait ✋

10. I really desire to become a comfortable swimmer and not stay too close to the edge of the pool or stay in the shallow end all the time. 

... may God help me fulfil these desires of my heart in Jesus name. Amen!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my Sister Christine Newton for proofreading my blog and for always promoting my blog posts, events and No Ordinary Life interviews all the time. She almost always comments on all my blogs as well. Thank you Big Sis! I haven't seen any like you. You are like a pearl at the bottom of the ocean, God will send your pearl -diver very soon. But keep being you and know that you are loved and cherished. 

Thank you to everyone that has been a reader, contributor and sharer for the past 5 years. I hope you have been inspired as I am to keep going. You can now Like, Share with icons below. Don't forget to subscribe to be a first-reader 😃


Till next time,

Happy Living

Claudy xoxo


Comments

  1. Very engaging content. I think I may adapt some of your to-do as mine. 😃 thanks for sharing. Happy birthday in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! You're a winner 🎉🎉🎉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1