When life gives you lemons...

 Estimated reading time: 3 minutes


Hey family πŸ‘‹


It's been a while.


I have been yearning to share something on the blog since I want to keep it alive.


It's half way through the year and I am so glad that I finally have something thoughtful to share. 

It's been months, weeks, days and hours of contemplating the right message for us. Us meaning both you and I because I actually read my own blog posts to encourage myself.


This season's post is not entirely a message from me to you but it's more of a question I wish to explore with you so kindly stick with me and indulge me if you please. Let's get interactive in the comments section below πŸ‘‡πŸ½ 


There is a well-known saying which goes


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade 

Source: Amazon.com


Which in essence means when life throws the bad, bitter and ugly at you, make something good, tasteful and beautiful out of it. 

I'm sure you know that one. But is it really that easy to make lemonade when you have the bitterest of lemons at your disposal, only a little water and perhaps no syrup or honey to add a little sweetness?


Today I want to talk about the practicality of making lemonade out of lemons or in other words, making good out of the bad. 


If I can be real with you, I've had my fair share of lemons so far this year. Mostly lemons of rejection, disappointment and misfortune and naturally my mood has been crushed and my self-worth has had some knocks in the process. During the times when I feel my lowest, it's hard to see clearly but the negative ahead and behind me and even after I'm recovered I wonder what to do with my broken self than allow it to heal with time.


It is in times like these that I ask myself, how can I make what's left of me beautiful again. I don't think I have much to work with but I remind myself that the bad things are over now and I can be happy again. This is my coping mechanism. Just a simple reassurance that it was a bad time, a bad relationship, a terrible example of the human experience and now it's time to breathe. 


No juice, no lemonade from the lemons I did not ask for but lemon peels and sometimes a sour taste in my mouth to remind me to guard my heart a little more than before which only makes me less human it seems.


This is turning out to be like a spoken word, so I'll end this blog post by asking, how do I make good out of bad situations? If you have some advice, please share πŸ‘‡πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½


Thank you for making the time to read this and for visiting my blog. Feel free to comment , share and read more of my posts.


Till next time,


Happy Living!


Claudy xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Extraordinary

It's Giveaway Time!!

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond