I'm an Ideas person who loves to execute, is that wrong?


This is going to be one of my short blog posts. So please hold on, I'll finish sharing shortly.

Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1 (NKJV)
I like to think that this quote represents the topic I will be writing about quite well.
 
So the thing is, I'm an Ideas person; which means I have a lot of ideas running through my mind at any given point. Give me a problem, and I'll give you multiple solutions. But that is probably something you don't know about me because...well I hope we get more acquainted this year ☺
 
At some point in my recent adult life, I have often wished that the hands of fate would lead me into the business arena so I can share my ideas with investors and business strategists. Sometimes I just sit with my thoughts, allow them to flow out of me, grab a pen or pencil and do some brainstorming. After I am done, I scrunch up the paper and put it in the bin. If I can be honest, in my natural mind, I feel like the gap between my current situation in life and Fortune 500 (Wall Street) is too huge and unrealistic. The movies do a great job of portraying the sad story unto the happy ending. But life is more than 1 hour 45 minutes and getting to the good part can take years.

I love the movie 'The Pursuit of Happiness'. It is one of my all time favourites and that is the fact that it's based on a real life story. Who was not moved to tears whilst watching that movie? To all of us, I think we felt the struggle of life and misfortunes along the way - but perseverance saved the day. I am drifting slightly of course but it will soon make sense.

But the point I am trying to make is that, sometimes we feel that our ideas and dreams are too big for us. Personally, even if I know I can manage my ideas, it's the how, when and where questions that stop me. I believe I can do it. But I am aware that it can take a lifetime to make one idea happen. So with my many ideas, I feel I might need at least nine lives.
 
But I have come up with a solution to this not-so-problem (let's call it a gift), I execute the ideas I feel I can execute within my ability, with the help of God of course and I don't make any excuses.
 
I have this motto at the back of my mind, "No limitations and no excuses. I have (the abilities and talents) that which I can handle". This mindset is shaped by the parable of the talents in the Bible (see Matthew 25:14-30 also Luke 19:11-24) . You can read it here.

When I have certain ideas which seem do-able, I ask myself these questions.
  • Is it worth it? That is, is it benefitting me and the marketplace (the public)?
  • Is it sustainable? That is, can it last for long?
  • How much of me will it demand? Because I must take account of what I do with my 24 hours and 7 days of this precious gift of time.
  • Is it godly? ...
I should really be asking if it is God's will but... can I be honest? I fear His answer will be No when I want a yes so I avoid the God's will question sometimes. This second part of the last question is a better option as shown in this scripture verse.

Someone may say, “I’m allowed to do anything,” but not everything is helpful. I’m allowed to do anything, but not everything encourages growth. (God's Word Translation).
1 Corinthians 10:23 (see different versions)

So I am yearning to get to that point where I can easily surrender my will for His purpose, always. 
And the good thing about executing the right thing is that it encourages growth.

Why I am asking this question. I'm an Ideas person who loves to execute, is that wrong?

For those who follow me on social media, I get worried that I might look like a messy individual because I have always got something going. One post here about a blog, another post here about a vlog, then another about an upcoming event. I worry that you might think that I am not focused on one thing and that I am all over the place.
 
But I am. I am focused on doing all the things I am inspired to do. The things I have dreamt about, the things I have taught myself to do and the things I feel people can relate with.

Just like a seed buds and produces a plant or fruit tree with many branches, it's natural for me - natural for us (humans) to be spread out in different ways. So far as we know what fruit we carry and we determine to never let our leaves dry up. We bear evidence to the simple fact that we did not just happen from a scientific coincidence, we came into being by a thought, a well-intended thought that we inhabit this earth to create beautiful things just like God did before He created us. 

In ending, this is my encouragement.
Don't worry if you feel like being a jack of all trades makes you dabble in a few areas, you are blessed and graced to manage all trades. Just ask God for direction for execution. 


Till next time,

Happy Living!
Claudy xoxo

Comments

  1. A portrail of a beautiful mind flowing in a misterious character that will be discovered by unlocking the view with an anointed key that lays in the sight.
    Each country visited served as a door to the fantastic revelation of an amazing entrepreneur and positive influencer that has a potential of the Sun in the early morning.
    Wonderful persons interviewed by you did add to the heat.
    Sold items brought the fuel.
    And serving God gives the oxygen. Together making the element of light that will eventually signify the purpose that the blessings will be served upon.
    Extra ordinary within.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

It's Giveaway Time!!