Just Ask

Estimated reading time: 2 minutes

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
                                                                                                                        Matthew 7:7 NIV (The Bible)1


I recently resumed an initiative I started 4 years ago called No Ordinary Life. For the first time, apart from writing this blog, I feel like I am doing something of my own that I really like.

It's growing and that makes me happy. But when I think about the journey over the past 6 weeks, what makes me really really proud (like no.1 proud) is not the number of followers we have acquired or the consistency of our posting, it is the fact that it is where it is now because I asked. And of course with God's help, asking has made the difference between doing it well, making an impact or doing nothing at all.

You see, when I first began 4 years ago, I would stay away from reaching out to those I considered the 'big shots' because I thought it was just a small project, I had just gotten started and couldn't boast of a large following. So I thought they might not want to be a part of something which had such a small crowd following.


But when I restarted in June, the idea to conduct virtual interviews came to me and since it was lockdown, it was so appropriate. I began to think of people who are making an impact at home (the UK) and abroad (Africa and beyond). I thought of people I had admired for a long time from a distance and where I would have shyed away 4 years ago, I made a bold decision to ask them, ask regardless of what their answer might be; asking is the first step.


That's where the inspiration from this blog post came from. I wouldn't have made an impact on all the people who have joined our LIVE Interviews if I did not step out of my comfort zone.


My aim to inspire people to pursue their dreams and aspirations would not be something I was living upto if I couldn’t take this small step. Now that I think about it, I was scared of the rejection that asking might result in. Many of us are scared of doing certain things because we are afraid of what will happen or we are scared that we might hurt other people's feelings. But do what is best for you, so far as the consequences make you ‘a better you’.

Did you know that the person who risks nothing, does nothing?2 
Well, I’ll let you ponder on that.


My comfort zone was a place of silence because some self-doubt was hidden in there. But I took one step at a time and confidence is gradually overtaking self-doubt.


For you reading, think of something that you desperately want to do, it could be a decision you have to make or using your hands or body creatively. It will involve you stepping out of your comfort zone. Take the first step in doing it and see what happens within you. As the saying goes, ‘nothing happens if you don't do it’. Let me know what ‘bold steps’ you have taken in life or you plan to take after reading this blog post. Don’t forget to share what happened after you took the bold step. I am excited to hear what you experience.

That’s it from me today. If you want to find out more about No Ordinary Life. Visit our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube

We have LIVE interviews on Instagram every Sunday and Tuesday evenings 8pm (UK time)

See you soon! Till next time, happy living!

Claudy xoxo




Sources
1. Bible Quote - New International Version

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Dear Singleton...Part 1

Being Extraordinary