My ‘To-Be’ list

Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”
‭          Isaiah‬ ‭43:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

* * * * * * * * * * *                                * * * * * * * * * * *                                * * * * * * * * * * *
Today is the 21st of August 2019... my birthday which means I have plenty to celebrate about especially on this day.

A while ago, probably 7 to 8 year ago, I wrote a 5 and a 10 year plan. As I think back to the years gone past, I remember how many things I wished to accomplish by the time I was probably 30. I had a 5 year plan and a 10 year plan with a list which included:
Doing a Master’s degree, getting my first job in development then working my way up to getting my dream job, owning a car 4 years after my first employment, have a good amount of money in the bank to buy a house; according to my 10 year plan.

Now looking back on these ‘vision items’ on my 5 and 10 year plans, I’ve realised I have only probably accomplished one or two of them. I have strayed far from my initial plan and no way close to buying that house. But while I haven’t got the job in development, the dream job, nor the house; I have managed to accomplish some BIG essential things.

A year and six months ago, I passed my driving theory test after 3 attempts, 4 months ago, I bought a car, a month ago, I earned my Qualified Teacher Status certificate, 2 weeks ago I passed my practical driving test after a second attempt and this year I am still blogging on Intraordinary.

Considering the fact that I have been beating myself up and calling myself ‘a quitter’, God hasn’t let me down. He opened up my eyes to see what I need to do to succeed in life. And that is not quitting. They might not be as huge and flashy as a UN position on my CV, but I needed a full driving license to complement the car, I needed the time to produce thoughtful blogposts and the push to actually getaway to experience the beauty of the world.

This year while I mediate and write out my aspirations for the next year, I will make sure it starts with

“Be grateful, it’s the start of something new...”
 And ends with
                                “Be grateful, it’s only just began”

Till next time,

Happy living xoxo



Bible quotation


Image source:
You version

Comments

  1. Hmmm my Sister, what seems an accomplishment to men may not be the same in God's standards. The small achievements too matter! And I like the fact that you didn't give up on the driving, both theory and practical. Gratitude is the best attitude! Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1