Being Happy 2

As we are still in the Christmas Season, I wish you once again, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I hope you are having a joyous and peaceful time of rest before the New Year begins.

Rest!

Yes, Rest. The year has had its ups and downs and a great deal has happened in your life this year I am certain. As the year ends, I hope you are resting your body, mind and soul before taking charge of  2016. So again I say... Rest!

As spoken about previously, we continue on the theme: Being Happy (Making Smart New Year's Resolutions). And I have some few pointers for you to think on.
I will begin by asking one question:

1) What is your New Year's Resolution?



Note: Is (Singular) not Are (Plural)

I suppose what I am trying to ask is, what is your important vision for 2016?
This requires that you search for a resolution which you intend to see through in the new year and/or beyond

When deciding on New Year's Resolutions, it is adviceable to:

Point 1
Keep the resolutions minimal. The more resolutions, the more likely you are to put your mind and body under stress. I don't want to give a number, you decide: 1,2 or however many you can handle. But things you are intensely passionate about and will be committed to work on.

Point 2
Your goals/objectives must be measureable. Remember SMART?


And Specific, Attainable, Relevant and maybe Time-measured. Some goals, objectives are more long-term and will still be in the process of implementation in years to come. Be sure to be realistic about how much time you think you will use to accomplish the goal, especially if it's career-based.

Being SMART means devising a strategy by which you will work through the goal. It does not have to be systematic with each point of SMART goals covered but you must be able to combat negativity and the downsides when they come. Since, this is a blog mostly based on emotions, remaining positive at all times is imperative.
For instance, One thing I will like to build up in 2016 is being able to be comfortable in my own skin, that means accepting my weaknesses and not beating myself up about certain things, yet being open-minded; which means I will be helping other people more than I ever could. I don't want to go into the nitty-gritty of it but basically, positivity.


Point 3
Seek guidance. Whether it's having a mentor or being a part of a set of mentorship programmes, this can be, joining an organisation which you admire to gain practical experience or even virtually such as a forum and being active. Meet up regularly with people you look upto and spend time with them. Ask a trusted friend to be your accountability partner and ask them to keep a check on you for that thing you want to 'combat' against.
If you are reading self-help books or a Bible, be more proactive with what you learn. As a Christian, I strongly believe that God loves us just as we are, no matter how ugly we might feel sometimes. We are perfect in His eyes because He made us unique (Phyiscally, Mentally, Emotionally and Spiritually). We are the apple of His eye and He is the Father, Your Creator and Creator of Heaven/Earth and the entire universe.
I have had much trouble believing that I am worth anything, talked myself down to the ground and now having to rebuild a mentality that agrees with everything that God says in His Word (the Bible). I read the Bible, knew those words exactly but didn't believe. If you can identify with me ...

 here it is: Point 3 - There is someone out there who believes in you, loves you jealously and wants to spend more time with you. What you are passionate about is what makes you unique, discover more about it..nurture that passion and see it grow within you. Finally, build a working relationship with someone you trust and love.

Point 4
Make it your goal to be positive in life, if you do not do NYRs, then remain positive in everything you do. You get nowhere by giving up! (I say this to myself first of all, Laugh out Loud :))


Thank you for reading today's post. I am grateful for the support from you, my family and friends for reading my blog over the past months. Positively, I do feel I have alot to offer the world and I am looking for a platform with specific audience for the articles I write. Just to remind you, that is; people with low self-esteem, people interested in mental wellbeing, people interested in the behavioural/personality physicology area of study. I will make that announcement when the time comes but I cannot say how thankful I am for the support, I hope you are able to gain something useful from every read. I am thankful to God for making this happen this year and for the wisdom and ability to communicate it as I have been able to.

I wish you a HAPPY 2016 in advance! Till 2016 ...


Keep Living

Claudy xoxo







Photo credits:

1. https://simplynourishingblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/smart-goal-photo2.png?w=760

2. http://ctsprimary.org.uk/media/images/portrait/thank-you-and-happy-new-year.png



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Extraordinary

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Dear Singleton...Part 1