Fitting In or Breaking Out?

Hello!

I am excited by the topic I will be sharing today. As usual, it is something that suddenly pops up as I reflect on a number of issues. I planned to stick to the 'Being ...' series that has kicked off without prior planning, but today I shall deviate a bit. I feel this area is very interesting.. personally it is, and I will use it as a platform to reach out to the minority that understand. Today's topic of discussion is around the theme of Fitting in or Breaking out.

Let's Go!!!

I read today about not feeling 'normal'. Intrigued...I began to think of all the reasons why someone might not feel normal. In the course of my thinking, I began to think of the whole issueof being an introvert or an extrovert. In my experience, Intraordinary has really allowed me to hear the different perceptions of an Introvert, I agree with some of them and strongly disagree with others. Whatever merits the classification of an Introvert and an Extrovert is quite debateable, and I choose to stick with my stance of Being One's self and Being Free to be who One Truly is.

Back to the subject.

My thinking process traced Introversion/Extroversion to the constant classification or categorisation that occurs in our human world. There are some which are natural and need not change, there are others which happened through the course of time and help us understand our world better, as well as contribute to the areas where are strengths manifest. And then, there are others which are not very good and call for navigation to find where we fit in.

I break it out down...
1) In the natural order of things, there is male and female, animals and humans, plants and animals (flora and fauna), waterbodies and land-based mammals. Adding to that, a variety of languages and cultures.

2) By 'The things that happen through the course of time and help us understand our world better and contribute to it', I refer to first, to time and events such as kings or rulers, soldiers, blacksmiths, goldsmiths, builders, carpenters, potters, etc. Basically, as humans lived on the earth, they identified the need for people to lead, defend in the time of war, make weapons, build castles, temples, houses and the like...and then people put their abilities into things that interested them or came naturally to them. In the course of time, there was religion (monks, popes, spiritual leaders that defined religious events or innovations), architecture, science, art (the renaissance age, Michael Angelo and the popular sculpturists of that age, Picasso, filmakers, animations, etc). I hope you are getting my drift here...

3) Finally....
With my third point I am actually referring to the different social classifications that we have defined. Some include rich and poor or introvert and extrovert. The most annoying one for me is that which I see in hollywood teen movies. The high school scene where students sit in different groups; the jockies and cheerleaders, the superstars, the popular girls, the nerds, the weirdos, emos and the normal people who don't quite fit into any of these.

I don't quite know or understand who makes these classifications or if the students put themselves into these groups because they feel they belong there or it is 'attributed' to them by bullying or name-calling. For me, it is one of the most dangerous classifications because this social standing is impacted into people from a young age and they grow up looking intently for a place (socially, physically or mentally) where they fit best.

Some people may not find their place and they find themselves living with depression, with no one to talk to. The state of having people around you or being able to 'move' with a group of people confortably is usually what we classify as 'normal'. I wish everyone would feel free to be themselves.
Sometimes, a person might feel they do not quite fit into any of these categories, but one's life is a gift to treasure - it is personal - and whatever gifts, talents, personality, temperaments, humor, intelligence, affections and emotions we have been given is first for our pleasure.


I would encourage anyone going through a tough time with 'fitting in' to break out of the intention to fit in. Take time to discover who you are. The Real YOU does automatically fit into a category; you are unique. Once You are You, people will come to You.

As the saying goes "*Two are better than One..."
                         We are not destined to be alone, but be happy.

Mind you, it's not an easy road; but it's progress.


To conclude, society can be very hard on us, it pushes and pushes but we can learn to live our lives in freedom, not letting society define who we are or where we fit in. The Creator has already done it (fitting you into this world), now you just have to discover why? and you can discover it in God.

I end with my favourite Bible passage:
Jeremiah 29: 11
For I know what I have planned for you,' says the LORD. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope.

Version: NET Bible

So You were Created. You Are Loved, and Assured a GREAT future when you discover God through Jesus Christ.

Who is God? Want to find out now?



Till next time - Keep living!
Cheers,
Claudy xoxo


P.S: If you would like to read an Online Bible, BibleGateway and BibleHub are Great!


Thank You for Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1