Dear Singleton...Part 2

SWOT yourself.

Estimated reading time: 3 minutes


Earlier this week on my way home from work, I came across a news article on Stylist.com about making a personal SWOT analysis. I was so glad to see that article because it reminded me of an advice my father had given me many years ago. This was after I had completed my bachelor's degree and yet felt stuck in figuring out my career when I should have been feeling prepared for the future I 'studied' for. I'm in the process of making a point here so please stick with me till the end.

Today

Rather than talking about lessons from romantic relationships, I am going to be talking about something which relates to us as individuals - personal development. I am writing this post for the present and future me to read and remember. I am not sure how many of you will be able to relate to the truths I will uncover in this post, but if you do, please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.


I am still trying to rid myself of the idea that perfection lies at the end of life's journey. I guess the typical fairy tale which ends with 'and they lived happily ever after' has had more of an impact on my life than I think. I've had and still have my struggles in life but I still hope for a good end to all of life's struggles. They say hope is believing and trusting for an expected outcome so I can only hope for the best in life especially since I have hope in the one who holds the future. God. 

My future someone aside, I am someone who thinks about myself a lot. Since I currently have only myself to live with, I dedicate a lot of time to self-reflection especially when things happen that make me question: what did I do wrong? And what could I do better? 

Truth be told, I am the project I am always working on. Although it's been quite a challenge, I am enjoying the journey. You see as single people (perhaps without dependents), we have the advantage of being the sole focus of our journeys. We get to own it, we can make decisions on our own and not necessarily have to consult with others if they don't affect them. For me, I really want to be good enough for me to marry me. There are moments when I really can't stand myself and I know it will be a challenge if my Mr Right was in my life. That's when I begin to thank God that a good man does not have to deal with these complexities of mine. 

I have done my SWOT analysis and I know my strengths (the good), weaknesses (areas for improvement), opportunities (more areas for improvement or areas to capitalise on) and threats (Girl you better watch those). 

Just like I learn from the few relationships I've encountered, I also pick out my weaknesses, opportunities and threats to self-improvement through my interaction with family, friends, loved ones and even on the job. I want to be the best version of me so that testimonies of me will be great and inspiring. I don't want to leave this earth with sad or dreadful tributes at my funeral, not be missed by those within my close circle or for people's memory of me to be unpleasant or uninspiring. 

I will keep this work on myself as my primary agenda until... forever I guess. Even if I don't have a boyfriend or husband, as my Christian belief stands, I must still present myself to another bridegroom. He is Jesus Christ, my Lord and personal Saviour who loves me unconditionally. HoweverHe also has high standards. That is, that I present myself unblemished for His second coming then in the end, it will all be worth it.

So we will be glad and happy and give him praise. The wedding day of the Jesus the Christ (my replacement) is here, and his bride is ready.

Revelation 19:7

If you would like to find out more about my faith, read here.

You might be asking how do I go about working on myself:

  1. Find God for yourself    
  2. Do a personal SWOT on personal attitudes and attitudes to others    
  3. Change your thoughts and your thoughts will change you.     
  4. Be kind to yourself     
  5. Treat others as you would yourself 


But don't forget. It's a process okay?


Till next time,

Happy Living!

Claudy xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1