Start the new year with the right mindset

Estimated reading time: 2 minutes

It’s another Monday and you just don’t feel it. You don’t feel inspired, motivated or even feel a little bit yourself. Put simply, you’re not okay and last year’s experience seems to have carried over into the new year. So much for new year, new you ...

I have felt that way for the past few weeks so I’ve been taking it one day at a time. I have had to scrap a daily to-do list for a weekly target; just because I just couldn’t get things done. But the good thing is, I have been down this road before, so I took a cue from my book of experience.

In those times when it felt like I was not making progress, I realised that the only person who could get me out of that ditch was God and then me. My faith playing a huge part in leading my recovery. I had to go asking for inspiration, then seeking it out through books, blog articles, my holy book (the Bible) and funny enough... conversations with people I hardly spoke with. 


This new year I realised that I couldn’t rely on completing a to-do list to bring me a sense of accomplishment - especially when I sometimes lacked inspiration. What has helped me is building healthy habits into my days. These are actions that I often neglected because I just didn’t have the time to do them when I had a ton of things to get done. Phone calls with friends or loved ones, starting a chat with a friend to check in on them, taking time to actually listen to a podcast and not just skipping through the parts. Reading a chapter and taking the time to ponder over the information I was receiving. I was going through a tough time in a certain aspect of my life. My job was giving me a certain level of dissatisfaction and the more I thought about it, the more it took over my mind. But I forgot that there was so much more to life, than my job. There is family, friends and loved ones.


If I may speak to you right now, there is also what you are good at and what you are very passionate about. There is down-time and all the things that you can do with it. So this new year, I will encourage all of us to shift our minds from the things that seem to be giving us stress and go back to focus on what really matters: mind, body and soul. Take care of you, invest in yourself and your people. And life may just begin to look that much brighter.  


Remember Mind, Body and Soul. And if that sounds a bit vague, let me put it another way: live, love and learn.


Live - Determine that a particular problem(s) will not take over the full spectrum of your life. You are equipped with skills and abilities. Start doing more of the things that you love.


Love - Look around for the good people you still have in your life, be grateful and take time out to say Hi.


Learn - Invest in learning something. The language lessons you abandoned, the cooking skills you stopped practicing...learn about a time in history.


So LIVE, LOVE, LEARN and till next time...


Happy living!

Claudy xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

It's Giveaway Time!!