Stagnancy vs. Growth

I have been trying to figure out the real meaning of these two terms without using a dictionary. 

For me, 'Stagnancy' means being stuck and 'Growth' means seeing development in something or in some area of life.

Both terms seem to be complete polar opposites but I am wondering if they can actually co-exist.

Can one be in a stagnant situation and yet grow? And can one grow being stuck in one place?

The possibility of co-existence of these two words is playing tricks on my mind but I really wish that it could be possible for the negative situation to not be dominant.

Just like the common phrase 'Make lemonade out of lemons 🍋'  I wish that growth could come into place despite stagnation being at the forefront.

I am [quite] a positive person and I truly wish stagnation did not exist. But sometimes life gives us the Impression that we are stuck. Situations like these might resonate with you:

- when you can't progress past a certain job title 

- you can't move out of a job you do not feel challenges you anymore or aligns with your life's vision

- when you can't save money 

- or as a Ghanaian will say, when you live from 'hand-to-mouth'....in plain words "just surviving".

But what if something on the inside of you did grow while you found yourself 'stuck'. Your confidence, your faith, your talent, your ambition... your mindset.

How do you translate the things going on the inside of you to manifest on the outside?

How do you leap out of the sandpit?

It will take a great deal of changing your thought-pattern, changing your habits and most of all, it will take a great and consistent amount of P.U.S.H.

*Pray Until Something Happens

I find myself in the same predicament. I'll take my own advice first and update you on how I'm progressing. I might be a little stuck but I know it's not my permanent position... and if you are too, know that you can LEAP out of it. It will take alot of energy and a little more of your time. 

But don't hang in there... you've been hanging in there for too long. It's time to JUMP!

But till next time, keep dreaming, keep believing, keep hoping, keep learning and keep pushing.


Happy Living!

Claudy xoxo

Comments

  1. I believe that both terms are very dependent on each other as you can't move without being stuck. Therefore, if you were growing constantly and never got stuck, you would not know the growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Claudy. But I would replace the word stagnancy with stationary perhaps. I like the concept of this blog though. It got me thinking and reflecting on my present situation. I might be stagnant now but should not remain there. Instead I must strive to push...whether forwards or sideways!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

It's Giveaway Time!!