Birthday Blog: A review of my 30 and Beyond list

This blog post is a review of the content discussed in the linked post. I would encourage you to read this post first for better context.


****

This month of August is my birth month and this blog's anniversary. So I wanted to set aside some time to write my reflections of what I have encountered in the past year and what I intend to do with the lessons learned.

I will refer to the 10 things I wrote about in this post and I will RAG rate how I feel I have done in the different areas. I have decided to add extra intentions to the list because it's a list to be accomplished beyond age 30 and so I will keep working on them.

PS. RAG stands for Red, Amber and Green. Red for not accomplishing, amber for partially accomplishing and GREEN for accomplishing (#onpoint, #aceingit, #doingthedamnthing, #go-me!)

Let's go!

1. Read - Red
Even though I have always wanted to read to expand my knowledge and also to use my time wisely. This is still proving to be a challenge. I joined 2 book clubs between last year and now, but the edge to read is still not there...that is until we have a book club meeting the next week and I am forced to play catch-up.
There is definitely more room for improvement in this area and I won't get there until I really start acting on my intention.

 

2. Really practice self-affirmation. Amber 
I won't lie and say that I stand in front of the mirror and speak words of affirmation to myself. What I do try to do is act more. If I say I can do it, then I act on doing it. So far it's working out well and I have more self-confidence than I used to. By taking small or large steps towards my dreams, I am affirmed in the fact that I am actually useful to the world. Which was not a believe I had 3 - 5 years ago.

 

3. Tell God everything. Red 
I know I don't tell God everything. I still think a lot more than pray about the things I should be praying about; which is 'everything'. What prevents me from doing this is that, I am not used to praying spontaneously and I always feel I need to write down my prayers and compose them properly. Which is so so wrong. God does not require perfection, just intimacy.



4. Try something new. Amber 
I do like to explore and try new things. I have tried a few new things as much as time will allow. 


5. Apply myself in a community and stick with it. Amber
Although I love my own space, I do like community. Last year tested me and I fell out of some relationships but I have accepted them. I am doing my best to move on with the few relationships I have. Because it's not about quantity, it's about quality.



6. Check on people more often. Amber
I have erased the thought of feeling like a chaser and do check in with friends from time to time. I am not fully there yet but I want to do more.



7. Keep playing my guitar. Red
Since the summer of 2020, I haven't picked up my guitar. My life is now filled with other things. Sometimes I really have the edge to write up schedule of how I use my time before 9am and after 5.30pm. 


8. Date myself more, while being open to a romantic relationship. Green.
For me every time I go on holiday, I feel like I am dating myself as I enjoy my own company, going to restaurants and booking a table for one. I wrote a poem about how it feels travelling alone. I have also taken the opportunity to find potential love and joined a few dating sites. I will spare the details for now. But I am trying.


9. Get rid of comparison. Appreciate what I have and not get upset about what I think I lack. Stop counting likes on social media. Green
This quote summarises this well.



10. I really desire to become a comfortable swimmer and not stay too close to the edge of the pool or stay in the shallow end all the time. Red
This is so sad. I never managed to attend 1 swimming lesson. I am so gutted because I payed about £90 for it. Which leads me to point number 11 and 12. These are additional points I am adding to the list.


11. Don't waste money. 
Oh boy, I really need this because I have wasted so much money over the years especially in 2019 and 2020. If I am being honest, I have wasted thousands of pounds.


12. Make money. 
I like to learn to create new things. The more I learn, one day I will put these skills to use as they become assets. I have joined a Rich Dad, Poor Dad Book Club and we are discussing how to have a wealth mindset, learning about financial literacy and learning how to teach the younger generation about wealth.

 
So that's it for now. This year I have launched a few projects: The Neighbours Club and the 30s Club. I just finished hosting the 30s club this weekend. It's going to be an annual seminar for women of all ages but especially for those in their 30s. I turned 30 last week and I felt it was a good time to bring in other women. This year, I chose to celebrate my birthday by rounding off my travel count. The Republic of Ireland officially marks country number 30, you can watch the video here.

 



Follow Intraordinary Travels on Instagram, a Travel Supplement for this blog which specifically offers travel tips and advice for everyone but especially for those who want to travel more.


Till next time

Happy Living!


Claudy xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

It's Giveaway Time!!