A poem about Me


Estimated reading time: 5 minutes


Forgive me, I know you didn't ask me to tell you about myself
But I am taking the liberty to anyway
I apologize if this comes across as rude
But I am not nice to myself so that might be a reason why

Just a few minutes ago, I had just told myself to shut up
But only for a good reason, 
I had had enough of hearing the lists of my shortcomings.
And the court reporter that asked 'do you plead guilty?'
But my mind came to my defence and played attorney -
Or was it my God?
... Because a few moments before the thoughts in my head wouldn't stop accusing me.

Anyway, there you go...that's one thing about me and it's not a secret anymore
I apologize if this comes across to you as disturbing but it disturbs me too
I am not nice to myself so that might be the reason why

It would help if I told myself twice as many soothing and encouraging words to fight the negative thoughts.

Here it comes, the good quotes threw in to my defence

"Create your own happiness"

"To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world 🌎"

All this spelled out was Love

Spending all this time by myself during quarantine was bringing out the parts of me rooted in darkness
The darkness that did not reveal love
  "Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast"

This part of me did the opposite of all 4 mentioned.

But truth be told...quality time is the least of my love languages.
So spending all this quality time within my mind was no good


My love language is words of affirmation...Actual Words Not thoughts
So then it occurred to me,
Just because I am not hearing it from someone
Doesn't mean I cannot say it out loud to myself

From this moment, I have resolved to be the loud speaking, positive, self-loving individual
Not the selfish rude individual you read about 5 minutes ago, asking for your attention even though you did not demand it.
So I hope I am forgiven, I know you didn't ask me to tell you about myself
But I have taken the liberty to anyway
But only for a good reason, 
Perhaps you might agree to appreciate yourself, more than you ever have 
In quarantine and out of quarantine

Comments

  1. Wooop woop! Best read of all quarantine! This is amazing Claudia, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing story! You have chosen the right path Claudia...You don't need other people to appreciate or tell you of your worth....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sis for encouraging and teaching us to love ourselves 💓👏👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you enjoyed what you read, please share with your friends. Much love, Ta :)

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Dear Singleton...Part 1

Dear Singleton...Part 4