The Single Series

Hi there! It's been a long four months or so since I last wrote. My sincere apologies for keeping you waiting. My mind and my diary have been the only witnesses to the events in my life of late and it took a lot for me to write this mostly because it's so very personal but it's relevant and there is no one else that I would share my life with than you. This one is for the ladies, so if you are a guy, kindly press 'x' for today, next time, I am very sure you will be invited into this subject. Reader's notice: this post was my actual diary entry for the stated date. Enjoy! And till next time, Read, share, subscribe and comment.

***********************                 **************************         **************************

2017  
APRIL Tuesday 25
Based on the events of the past couple of days, I have thought it would be a good idea to start a blog on dating. The blog will be titled 'dating anonymous' because I would maintain an anonymous persona and because I rarely have the opportunity to go on dates. In my entire adult life (lol) I recall going on only two dates and those dates did not lead to a relationship.  Like some girls out there, my single life is thriving and I wish destiny would soon divert me towards the 'in the relationship' route. In other words, I am empty on the dating department and I long for the opportunity to be someone's girl. I am often asked why I am still single, to which I reply - 'no one serious has asked me out' and that is the honest truth.  People have expressed interest but I could tell that they weren't very serious. Some do not come out with their intentions fully and play around with words hoping that I would read between the lines and make a move.  But that is not how it will go done with me. This is the 21st century and most of us ladies do not want to be the one to propose to the guy. It has always been seen as the guy's responsibility. So all feelings and thoughts of a potential date or future relationship on my part disappear after these intentions are never fully expressed.  In other instances, the guys have made their intentions known but I do not believe them because their reasons are simply too vague. "I love you" or you would make 'a good wife material' do not cut it.  When I ask them to explain why they love me, they simply say, I just love you. There have been unfortunate cases where serious guys have come at the wrong time. Like a time when my mind is not in the right frame of mind for a relationship or when my priorities are ... education first. I miss those times when good guys were in sight, but I do not regret turning down their offers because looking back I don't think those relationships would have lasted either. I have realised that I can't date for sport, it takes a while for me to open up fully to someone and I don't want to invest my heart in the wrong place. But all things aside, regardless of the time or season of life I am in, I have realised that I am always ready for Love ❤️.
 All it takes is for one to make their intentions known in simple and clear terms; give me valid reasons why you love me or why you think I am 'good wife material'. I am not offended by this term. For me, it's a compliment I once upon a time never thought I would receive. Honestly and truthfully, I am ready and desiring of the special someone but my natural tendency to use my mind and heart has done the good job of keeping me away from saying yes to anyone that comes my way.  After all, that special someone  wouldn't be coming to complete my life or take up the place of first love. To this day, I am grateful for the fact that I have been loved first by One ☝️  who needs no reasons or a reason to love me and chooses to love greater each and every day. And this special someone is the true definition of love itself, GOD is Love ❤️ 

 *************                THE END                  ***************  

 Till next time.....
 Happy Living!  

 Claudy xoxo
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Dear Singleton...Part 1

Being Extraordinary