Unfinished.


What causes a painting to be left unfinished? Did the artist run out of inspiration? Did their commission money dry up? Did they get bored, frustrated, or disenchanted? Did the artist or their subject die before completion? Behind every picture lies a story, and that is especially true of incomplete works

These are not my words. The website I borrowed the image of a painting (above) and the quotation which follows are referenced below. I have benefitted from an education so I have acknowledged the source by referencing in Harvard style...Kudos to Canterbury Christ Church University, Reading University and most recently St Mary’s University for producing (and polishing) such a fine graduate.


More recently my thoughts have been drawn to the many ideas of projects, businesses I have had, and even work experiences that failed to cease when I had the opportunity to. Sometimes I even ventured to start implementing those ideas. Today, they mostly lay dormant on a website, in a notepad which ended in the trash or just stashed away somewhere in my mind; which occasionally creeps back into my thoughts. They may be lost or inactive but certainly not forgotten.

When I think of the number of paintings standing incomplete in the gallery of mind, it pains me to think of the other projects, talent and results that could have come out of those projects. My life has evolved over the years as expected, but I am afraid to say that, I have only realised that this start-stop-go...is because I am afraid to live my life while going for the things I truly desire. I have depended on what I do to define me; and so I have called myself a volunteer, a private tutor, a student, a student teacher, a blogger and sometimes even an unemployed person. But these are just circumstantial, they are not the real me. Who is the real me? I am creative, innovative, full of ideas, caring and always willing to learn and that is something that doesn’t change based on my work status or position.

Now I still have a gallery full of unfinished paintings staring right back at me. I have picked up the one labelled intraordinary life. The faint pencil lines which mark the outlines have somewhat disappeared but it’s time I fix my attention back on it and redraw the faint lines which mark the absolute abstract of a painting it is bound to be. Unique, beautiful and meaningful, just like the painter ๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐ŸŽจ sees in her heart.

Welcome back to my channel! Sit back, relax and expect something new every week.
You have my word ๐Ÿค


Till next time,

Happy living xoxo






References
Peterson, F. (2017) Top 10 Fascinating Unfinished Paintings [online] Listverse
Available at: https://listverse.com/2017/05/14/top-10-fascinating-unfinished-paintings/ (Accessed: 10 July 2019)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Extraordinary

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Dear Singleton...Part 1