Make me proud

So I began this post awhile ago - September 2016 to be precise ... 🀫 shhh I know what you’re thinking ... but I have always sought for an opportunity to finish it ... and Inspiration finally came.

This post is dedicated to new Graduates πŸŽ“. It was inspired by a special lady, Miss Fams. Because of your great achievement, I have finally been able to revise and finish this. You fought hard and finished hard! Congratulations, Missy (not her real name)


* * * * * * * * * * *
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin ..
Zechariah 4:10 NLT

“Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.”
Job 8:7 NIV

Have you ever stared at a picture and then tears suddenly well up in your eyes or tears begin to run down your cheeks and at the same time, you wear a huge smile on your face. That moment brings back a memory you will forever treasure. All of a sudden, you feel encouraged, appreciated, brave and in love with the person (people) in that picture.

Yesterday, I looked at this photo and felt proud of this lady because this photo represents a degree of struggle I don’t think I could ever endure.

I will briefly share the story of the young lady in this photo (without her permission now but i know she will permit me later πŸ˜‡)




Missy couldn’t complete her degree in Biomedical Sciences for one reason or another and ended up relocating to another country where she began another degree. She had to adapt quickly to life in this new country and catch up quickly as she started some weeks into the programme. She worked so hard adjusting to the hot climate, education system in a developing country and new living arrangements without her mother and father.

Two or more years later, her mother relocated to join her because she missed her only daughter and wanted to be by her side as she was reaching a crucial point in her academic journey. It was in her final year and on the day of her final paper that she found out that her mother had passed away at the hospital. She had been battling cancer and over the previous weeks it had taken a turn for the worse. The final paper didn’t yield the expected results and a few weeks after her mother had been buried, she wrote the paper again. This time, she passed....she succeeded....she prevailed!

What an amazing turnaround and given the circumstances around her, she made it!

I can’t put it in words how amazing this is. Over the weekend, Missy attended her Induction ceremony after graduation, and is now Dr Fams!

I am so proud of her and I can only imagine that her mum is smiling down on her. Her story reminded me of perseverance and I am sure most of you too.


Dear reader, take heart. No matter how hopeless your situation might seem. The end will be great, if you keep pushing. Pick yourself up and up again and up again and up again, when you fall and you fall and you fall again.


A testimony never comes without a test.



Till next time,

Happy Living!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1