Highlights of 2017

The year 2017 has only just began, but I have learnt so much over the past 14 days that I just want to share with you. This is a very personal and honest post and I will be very frank with myself, it might seem a bit brutal but it's the truth and maybe you might be able to identify with what I share.


***

Leading on from previous years, especially the year 2016, I have learnt so much about myself and to be honest, 99 per cent of what I have learnt is not positive. 2016 was definitely my year of revelation. I was very upset and disappointed most of the time but I am happy that I was able to have a thorough examination of my inner self, at least I know where I stand. 

God definitely reveals to redeem..

That year (2016) and these past few days are not in vain.

Without taking much time, here are my highlights:
  • Opportunities lie ahead, 1
  • Strengths turned to weaknesses, 2
  • Frozen at the shores of the Red Sea, 3
  • Conclusion: Holding on to what I have, 4
I know these are strange sentences but I thought I will make it unconventional and try to get my point across easily. I might have to tackle some of these in separate blog posts, so please bear with me.


Chapter 1: Opportunities Lie ahead

Last year, I had a number of ideas which I wanted to launch. I planned to start my own business/social enterprise, a non-profit organisation and venture into consultancy.
Indeed, I was feeling talented, gifted, blessed, full up and ready to burst. I had drawn my business card design, layout, text and everything was ready. For the business and non-profit, I had designed my webpages, settled on the business names and projects, written out my vision and even had my logo ideas sketched out. But at the end of the day, I stopped. 2 out of 3 of these projects did not materialise and the reason was the reason for everything I have not acted on. 

Despite the year being my year of Possibilities (I will cover this in another post, watch this space), I couldn't make this happen.

You see I have learnt that the reason why I give up so easily is because I feel like I am not good enough. 
I have noticed that I am full of tons of ideas and when I do get serious about some of them, I am so gripped with excitement that I start planning and when I see the full picture, it sometimes feels not impossible but I feel like I have alot to work on before I can launch out. 

This takes me back to my experience during and after university.

I could have made something out of my degree, but I was so convinced that I didn't have it takes, that I lacked the technical expertise of my colleagues who were to produce professional quality animations, graphic arts, films, illustrations, etc. I am good at the planning stages but when it comes to implementation stage, I have just not mastered Photoshop.


*** Content Loading ***


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My To-Be List for age 30 and beyond

Being Extraordinary

Dear Singleton...Part 1